Wages & Benefits: Resources
This section contains links to resources pertaining to wages and benefits. To suggest an item for this section, please contact us.
- Wage & Hour Division, Employment Standards Division, U.S. Department of Labor
- Wage & Hour Division: District Offices
- State Minimum Wages
- State Pay Day Requirements
Interactive Tools from the U.S. Department of Labor:
- Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor - Answers questions on the Federal minimum wage, overtime, child labor and record keeping requirements.
- FLSA Coverage and Employment Status Advisor - Helps you determine if you are covered by the FLSA.
- FLSA Hours Worked Advisor - Helps you determine which work-related activities are "hours worked" as defined by the FLSA.
Health Insurance and Paying for Medical Services:
- BenefitsCheckUp - A free service from the National Council of the Aging that identifies federal and state assistance programs for older Americans.
- Consumer Guides for Getting and Keeping Health Insurance - From the Georgetown University Health Policy Institute. Guides available for each state and the District of Columbia.
- GovBenefits.gov - Official government benefits website. Free, confidential tool to help you find government benefits you may be eligible to receive.
- InsureKidsNow.gov - Information on free and low-cost health insurance for infants, children and teens.
- Medicare.gov - Participating Physician Directory - Searchable directory of doctors who accept Medicare assignment.
- Medicaid Consumer Page - Information on state Medicaid programs, eligibility, and benefits.
- Obtaining Free Care - Information from the Health Resources and Services Administration about receiving free or reduced cost care under the Hill-Burton program. Includes list of obligated medical facilities.
- Shriners Hospitals for Children - Shriners Hospitals for Children is a network of pediatric specialty hospitals, founded by the Shrine, where children under the age of 18 receive excellent medical care absolutely free of charge
Social Security Administration Resources:
- Social Security Office Locator
- Organizational Structure of the Social Security Administration
- Information about Your Social Security Statement
- Retirement Planner
- Qualifying and Applying for Retirement Benefits
- Information for the Self-Employed
- Qualifying and Applying for Disability Benefits
- Disability: Answers to Your Questions
- The Appeals Process
Social Security Administration Resources in Other Languages: