Are You a Legal Professional?

Filing an EEOC Complaint or Charge

If you have been a victim of workplace discrimination based on race, gender, age, religion, national origin, or any other protected category, one of the first steps for taking legal action would be to file a complaint (referred to as a charge) with the EEOC. The EEOC, or Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, is the federal agency in charge of handling the majority of federal employment discrimination claims, and is often the starting point for any legal action.

Below you will find information on filing a discrimination charge with the EEOC, including a general timeline for EEOC actions, FAQ's, and more. Please select from the links below to get started.

Filing EEOC Complaints

  • EEOC Claims FAQ - Common questions about the EEOC and the hearing process for a a charge of discrimination, including paying and preparing for the hearing and  what happens after your charge is heard.  

The EEOC Claims Process

Next Steps
Contact a qualified employment discrimination attorney
to make sure your rights are protected.
(e.g., Chicago, IL or 60611)

Help Me Find a Do-It-Yourself Solution